I check in the morning to see what locos are working the Round Oak trains. Then I check the videos I have uploaded to see if those locos appear very often. If they are “cops” or if the weather is good then I’ll go and film them. Today, 66183 did not show up in my search, and the weather was good, so I went to Stourbridge.
I also included a few seconds of the signals when the northbound train was due, the nearest signal does not go to green until after the signal in the distant at the junction has gone to green.
1. 66133 to Round Oak
2. 66183 to Margam
60096 had been stored at St. Blazey and is one of the Class 60s to be overhauled for Colas. It was moved to Bodmin for their recent diesel gala, then today it was on the move again to Toton, for eventual overhaul. You have to be patient with the video, as 323218 was filmed departing as the convoy approached the station. 153365 also puts in an apearance at the rear of a Class 170 unit
Link to video
The locos visited for a footplate charter for Sir Peter Hendy, and the loco he drove was 66721 “Sir Peter Hendy CBE”. I filmed it at Langley Green on the way to the SVR on Friday, then at Bewdley & Kidderminster on Saturday. Final clip shows it at Old Hill as it headed back to Wellingborough.
1. 66718 t&t 66721 Langley Green
2. 66718 Bewdley
3. 66718 Kidderminster
4. 66718 t&t 66721 Old Hill
The day before the gala & a couple of the visiting locos will be working trains, the goods train will also be running.
I’ve edited all my video clips, joining some of them together to form short “episodes” of the day as it happened. My arrival was planned so that I would see the northbound steel train pass through Kidderminster main line station, and then I would head for the footbridge for the SVR trains.
1. 172221 heads towards Birmingham
2. 66121 on steel train to Round Oak
3. 43106 runs from the turntable towards the carriage shed, then back towards the station
4. 4566 arrives with the goods train
5. A view of the site for the new diesel depot
6. 66085 on empty steel train from Round Oak
7. 88 arrives light, D3201 shunting & 43106 departs with a train for Bridgnorth
8. D3201 shunts the wagons and 172341 runs past on main line
9. 172211 passes on main line, 4566 runs towards bridge & back to station
10. Line up of diesels, 1501 arrives, 4566 departs on freight
11. 88 hauls the empty stock out from the run round loop, then propels back into a platform road, also 172333 passing by
12. 1501 departs on footplate “taster” to Bewdley
I travelled to Highley behind no. 88
13. 88 departs from Highley
Then to Arley behind 43106
14. 43106 departs from Arley, then an emergency stop
15. 43924 arrival & departure
16. 4566 passes through with the goods train
17. 88 arrival & departure
18. 43106 arrival & departure
19. 4566 back with the goods again
20. 43924 arrives & I catch the train back to Kidderminster
Wow, I didn’t realise it was a month since the last update. So many things to do in the garden and around the house. I keep taking loads of videos though, and they do get uploaded to YouTube – but it’s the little extra bits like posting the updates here that don’t get done. Now that autumn is here, more time will be spent in the house & maybe I’ll be able to get back into a routine on the computer.
One thing that didn’t help was the SVR Autumn Steam Gala, 3 days plus a preview day. I did visit all 4 days, but only during the daytime. As I type this, I haven’t edited many of the videos taken during those 4 days, but at least the preview day has now been finished.
Oh well, must get on with it…….