Yes, I’m aware of missing photo captions & all that sort of thing in the galleries, but something that has been bugging me for ages is the state of the old html sites that link to/from the gallery albums. They were never properly fixed after the hacking incident some years ago, and probably before then many of the links did not work.
So, I spent an evening trying to understand how Joomla works. I installed it with sample sites, but didn’t find any templates I was happy with. Then I couldn’t understand how to build my own site, so decided to stay with WordPress.
Rather than mess around with this blog I decided to start another installation of WordPress and base it on pages, rather than blog “posts”. The new site will act as an index to all the gallery albums, along with a few details about the photos in the album.
Many hours have been spent “experimenting” but I think I have a format that will work. At least it will be easier than updating the old style html sites and I can even do the work on any pc – not just the one on which the web site software was installed.
I have also installed a “plugin” which should make it easier to access with a mobile ‘phone. To make the pages download faster there will not be any images, as there are plenty of those in this blog and the galleries. I have included a link to Vidahost, as I’m pleased with their hosting services!
You will notice I have another domain name to use – it made it easier for me whan I changed hosts. Finally, as it has only just been started, only 3 proper links so far – to the first 3 miniature railway albums, but at least you can see how it looks.